Prüv Aficionados will know that I am a great believer in simple, healthy treats – eating well just goes so much better if you can have some fun and enjoy a bit of indulgence.
These delicious little cookies are everything you could wish for. As easy as anything to make, deliciously indulgent, but completely guilt-free.
They are made using no less than SIX(!) of the wonderful ingredients and products that you can find at the Prüv Emporium. Stock up now and make yourself some deliciously healthy treats like these!
Creates 15-18 small cookies
1 cup oat flour (can also use the pulp left over from making almond milk)
5 tbsp cacao powder
½ – 1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp almond butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp almond milk (optional)
1.5 tsp vanilla paste
For the thumbprint –
Low sugar Chia Jam
50g dark chocolate, melted with 1 tbsp coconut oil to drizzle
1) Stir together your dry ingredients until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined.
2) Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, adjusting the taste and sweetness as desired. Roll into small balls (roughly one tablespoon in size), then flatten slightly with your palm and create a thumbprint in the centre of each cookie.
3) If the mixture is too sticky, add some more tiger-nut flour or cacao. If it’s too dry, a splash of coconut oil will help, or the optional tiger nut milk!
4) Place in the fridge to firm up overnight.
5) Once firm, spoon your jam into the thumbprints, then drizzle over the melted chocolate. Eat immediately, or store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to eat!